Run your very own power plant with a home fuel cell from Noreus
Cheap green electricity for your home and car
For 100% power self-sufficiency, choose a home fuel cell from Noreus. Not only will you take control over your electricity production (even when there is no sun or wind) but thanks to our low-carbon hydrogen technology, the only emission produced from the system is water vapour. So, it’s good for the planet too.
Creating energy security for the future, our fuel cell works 365 days a year – day and night. Use it to power your home, the appliances within it and even as a charging point for your electric car. What’s more, the heat released during the process of green electricity production can be recycled as a reliable source of heating and hot water.
It also currently qualifies under the Feed in Tariff scheme, a Government-backed incentive designed to encourage the uptake of renewable technologies.
How does a fuel cell work?
Fuel cells convert hydrogen and oxygen into water, through a chemical reaction that creates electricity. Each fuel cell has a positive electrode (the anode) and a negative electrode (the cathode), which is separated by an electrolyte barrier.
The fuel, or hydrogen, goes to the anode, while the oxygen moves towards the cathode. When the two meet at the electrolyte barrier, this causes a reaction as electrodes split and an electric current is created.
Meanwhile, any excess electricity that is generated can either be sent back to the Grid or stored for later use. It’s even possible to manage and monitor energy consumption at the touch of a button, thanks to the My CHi-electricity app.
To discuss how a fuel cell can benefit your home or business, get in touch with the Noreus team and we’ll arrange a free, no-obligation consultation.
The benefits of fuel cells…
- 100% power sustainability
- Complete independence from energy networks providing peace-of-mind protection for now and the future
- Low-carbon technology (the only emission is water vapour)
- Freedom from rising electricity bills
- Works all year-round, day and night
- Generates power for your home, appliances and electric car
- Heat from the system can be used for underfloor heating, central heating and hot water
- Guaranteed for up to 20 years
- Hassle-free functionality
- Manage and monitor electricity consumption through the My CHi-electricity app
FAQs about fuel cells
No. At less than <47 db (A), fuel cells are quieter than a standard freezer or refrigerator.
Despite all the benefits it offers, a fuel cell is surprisingly compact. Its dimensions are 101 cm (H) x 60 cm (W) x 66 cm (D).
A service interval of 12 months is recommended, and fuel cell guarantees last up to 20 years.